SUGAR BEACH, A VICEROY RESORT
Sugar Beach, a Viceroy Resort, is spectacular even by the high standards of beautiful St Lucia! Set between the towering Pitons, iconic symbols of the nation, the 130 acre resort is nestled into the hillside, overlooking the gentle turquoise-blue waters of the Caribbean and boasts two beaches that appear to be made of purest white sugar.
The resort sits within the Pitons Management Area, a World Heritage Site and part of the UNESCO programme which was established to identify, catalogue and conserve sites of outstanding cultural or natural importance to the common heritage of humanity.
In 2008, Roger Myers, a well known British entrepreneur, along with co-investors, took full ownership of the hotel and its surrounding land, with a vision to create one of the best resorts and residential developments in the world.
Under Viceroy’s management and Myers’ leadership, Sugar Beach garnered an exceptional international reputation as one of the most luxurious and stylish five-star resorts in the Caribbean, winning numerous awards and accolades.
In May 2019, Sugar Beach resort was sold to Misland Capital, the investment vehicle of the Green family of Bermuda
The Greens have considerable experience in the leisure industry, being former shareholders of the Maybourne Group, owners of The Connaught, The Berkeley and Claridges in London. They are beneficial owners of The Hamilton Princess and Beach Club, a luxury urban resort, Bermuda’s leading business hotel during the week and quintessential weekend experience.
Alexander Green, said, “Following our visits to Sugar Beach, we are extremely excited about the possibilities the resort holds. It is a spectacular hotel and we will continue the sensitive development of this unique UNESCO World Heritage site and in keeping with the successful stewardship shown by the previous owners. We are impressed with Viceroy’s management team who will continue to operate the resort and have already begun thinking about ways in which the hotel can be taken to the next level in terms of amenities and guest experience.“
The Resort’s Facilities include:
- 5 Restaurants – including fine dining, relaxed beach side dining and tapas and Japanese fusion
- 4 bars – including two beach bars and a late night rum bar
- The Rainforest Spa – with tree house treatment rooms and Amerindian steam room
- Waters Sports & PADI Dive Center – Sailing, Windsurfing, Kayaking, Snorkeling, Paddle Boards plus Scuba and Snuba Diving
- Beauty Salon
- The Kids Club – comprising the Sugar Club (for children 4-9 years. Children 3 years and younger are accommodated if accompanied by a nanny or parent) and the Spice Club (which caters to children 9 years and over).
- Fitness & Yoga Center, Tennis (resort pro on hand for lessons or sessions), Beach Volleyball, Table Tennis, Pool Tables and Snooker Room
- Boutiques By Rory; luxurious beachwear and accessories
- Wedding Terrace; the best views in the Caribbean for your special day
- Yacht Charter and Sport Fishing
All resort facilities and amenities are available to Residence and Villa Owners.
For further information go to http://www.viceroyhotelsandresorts.com/en/sugarbeach